Friday, June 08, 2012

Queen's Birthday Weekend

I'm off to Sewjourn for a Craft Camp with some fabulous women, and I'm extra excited about this one because for a change I'll be going for the whole weekend. No Saturday tap, a whole long weekend to myself. The amount of stuff I'm taking with me is staggering. I know the kids and Fixit will be fine, but I have been slightly concerned because Fixit has been very absorbed of late with a shed project. He's been designing and building a new front faring for his old motorbike, and he completely loses track of time when he starts in on it. I have been reminding him all this week that he needs to down tools at regular intervals so that the kids are fed. Interestingly, when I tell this story, any man who hears it says Wow, he's designing a faring and building it himself?!, whereas my female listeners know the true gist of this is how unfair it is that he can go into a cone of creativity and not have his mojo interrupted by having to see to the family's needs. This is why I go to Crarf Camp really, uninterrupted mojo. But I wouldn't want you to think badly of him, he is a great partner and father. Just look at the gorgeous birthday present he gave me, an enormous print of a work by Urban Stencil artist Banksy. I love it so much. DSCN0240_1

7 comments:

  1. A Banksy print! That earns serious points. Perhaps he could leave some snacks out and only stop for the dinner prep? Don't think about it Stomp. They're probably not a lot you can do except head for Lancefield and revel in the mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous weekend. Kids have a survival instinct of hunting and gathering when the need arises. They'll be fine! Relax and craft away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he's a keeper! One slightly negative review from time to time won't make us love him less. It will reinforce our belief he is human. :)

    Have a great time at Crarf Camp. Now I am working on my very first quilt ever, I wish I was coming too! Being the crafty type I am now, I think I would love it like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely weekend! I just clicked over for the first time in ages and browsed back over your year's posts all the way back to your new years post where you appeal to lurkers not to lurk... So I will write this rather than just thinking it - your boys are so gorgeous! I have a little boy of my own now and it is slightly terrifying to read about how they grow up so fast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO beautiful, Stomper. What a fabulous gift! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. God. Sometimes they make things out of wood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh exactly what Aunty Evil said. To be completely honest, Rob brings different things to the table than I do. I'd kill him if he were just like me!! We can't BOTH be perfect! :-) Though to hear him tell it, turn out I might not ALWAYS be all that and a bag of chips, ya know! I love the retelling of the Crarf Camp adventures. It always makes me want to take up sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.