Anyway, in honour of his birthday I think a list is de rigeur but it's late so it's a quick list:
Five Facts About Fixit
- He is tall, dark and handsome (although not that photogenic)
- He is really good at fixing stuff and he has a huge passion for motorbikes so in his late 20's he started an adult apprenticeship to become a motorbike mechanic. Unfortunately, despite the fact that this country is allegedly crying out for skilled workers, the pay rate for motorbike mechanics is roughly on par with childcare workers. The theory is that we're okay with this because we both prefer to have job satisfaction rather than soul-destroying jobs with better pay packets. And he would have job satisfaction except that most of his co-workers are bogans and not all that blessed in the brains department.
- He always wins at scar wars because as well as having had his shin bones come through his skin in a bike accident (not his fault), he has an enormous diagonal tummy scar from having a kidney removed when he was a baby. He has been known to say he got it in a knife fight or from a shark attack.
- He still has complete sets, including the box, of "technical lego" from his boyhood. He still likes putting it together.
- He needs to know exactly where something is. It is not good enough to say that the pub is in Collingwood. He has to know which street, the nearest major intersection and local recognisable landmarks. He gets this from his father. Don't ever start a "where is" conversation when those two are together unless you really want to know exactly where it is.
Here he is displaying his loot. Happy birthday.
* Don't worry, he had a good birthday. I spoiled him at other times during the weekend :)