The good news is that Mum's recent fainting spells were not, as first suspected, mini-strokes. It was her heart, not her brain, that was the problem. She was having an ECG when she again passed out, and they were able to see that her heart stopped for 9 seconds. Yikes. So this afternoon she was fitted with a pacemaker. My sister and brother are in Sydney at the moment, and I will fly up on Sunday. We're all very relieved to hear it wasn't a stroke. Hearts are less complicated than brains. And we're also relieved to know what the problem was, and to have such a straightforward remedy. I am also getting retrospective heebie-jeebies thinking about her collapsing from heart failure when she was travelling alone in Italy last year. It was bad enough when we thought she'd fainted. She was lucky to just have a cut on her head really.
Meanwhile, this is what happens if you leave cooking chocolate in a cupboard during a heatwave.
We were able to use it all up in a very nice batch of brownies so all's well that ends well.
Shake It Up! A Helpful eBook I Wrote For Bloggers
15 hours ago