Thursday, October 11, 2007

Oh, my love ...

...my darling
I've hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
and time goes by so slowly
and time can do so much
are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
Godspeed your love to me

Congratulations and well done, Jenny!! Yes, the Righteous Brothers, The Unchained Melody, the theme from Ghost. So easy!! Although there were many other wonderful guesses, and anyone who strayed in to Whitney or Celine territory was definitely an honourable mention. Sheep's Clothing also got it right, so email me your address and I will send a prize your way as well. The cryptic clue (Starting Over) that a few people got excited about was not meant to be a clue. It was all about the bride, who had a fairly disastrous first marriage and is now glowing with happiness at her new chance for happiness in life. She couldn't tell me enough that life begins at 40.

In other news, it was Fixit's birthday and it was totally drowned by the wedding and post wedding exhaustion. He received only one phone call the whole day to wish him happy birthday. (If my family are reading this and feeling bad right now, well don't, because nearly everyone forgot and actually now I think of it I never remember Bronnie's partner's birthday because it's the same day as Cherub's, so who am I to criticise?)

Anyway. He's been neglected, poor Fixit. I managed to bake a cake, rustle up a card and give him 3 very nice shirts, so I wasn't totally derelict, but dinner was ordinary and then I went to work.


For a change I decorated the birthday cake on my own, and to amuse myself I made an almost (didn't quite have enough matching smarties) symmetrical pattern. I didn't really think the kids would pick up on it, they're usually too busy trying to sneak a smartie off the edges without getting caught, but Climber was absolutely delighted and talked to Fixit for a good 5 minutes about it. Look it goes purple orange pink red here and also over here. And look it yellow green blue etc. He liked it so much, he drew it.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Fixit!

    Great cake, nice shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Happy Birthday Fixit.

    I would comment about him being a spunk, but since you live nextdoor, that might get embarrassing, so I won't.

    Also, I have a new name to add to your list of pronunciations of Caroline.

    Littlest monkey was on the phone (pretending) to you and Cherub this morning, Carrumlime? Carrumlime?

    Great work on the smarties, Climber too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Stomper does look like a bit of a spunk, Crafty...

    And i'm across town, so hopefully I can say that :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smarties are the perfect cake decoration. So long as I get a piece with lots on top!

    Happy Birthday to your guy. He looks mighty happy on his day, not at all neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cake. I might have to bake a cake today. Happy Birthday to Fixit. What is a spunk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay... Found an Australian slang dictionary, so now I know. Which is reassuring because wikipedia suggested it might mean semen or a Danish brand of salty licorice candy, neither of which seemed quite right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Righteous Brothers?!

    GodDAMmit.

    Liz's last comment just made a mess of me.

    I'd tentatively suggest that the Australian understanding of spunk is somewhere between the two.

    If I could stop laughing long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to Fixit!

    That is a lovely cake. And too cute about Climber picking up on and being delighted with the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Climber is brilliant! And I love that he drew the pattern out... on a dancing instruction sheet no less?

    Happy Birthday Fixit! Yummy looking cake! Who needs presents when there's cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm interstate, and so therefore can safely say I reckon he is a spunk too.

    Funny what Liz said about that word! hahah

    Climber is so cute. I love that he drew the cake. I just want to squeeze his cheeks.

    And so my comment comes full circle.

    Just as well I live interstate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sooooo excited and a bit undeserving. The truth is until I saw those lyrics I couldn't remember the song at all, I just knew it was supercheesy. It has come back to me now though and will probably be stuck in my head for the rest of the day so thanks!

    BTW he is a spunk.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Mr Fixit.
    Noice cake you had there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh LIZ!! That is sooooo funny. I'm glad you now know what a spunk means!! And that stomper is not devoting her life to a danish salty licorice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny, he doesn't look Danish.

    -J.

    P.S. Looooove the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.