Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stitches, Craft and Random

I keep forgetting to tell my (horsey) sister that I've finally been inside Caulfield Race Track! But only because I went to the Stitches & Craft show last Friday, not a live horse in sight. The happening place to be for blogger-types was definitely the Ric-Rac stall with Jodie and her Mum. Everybody comes to visit Jodie. Her stall was a hive of bloggers and blog-readers. Jodie's Mum is very good value, I have to say, despite the evil eye (apparently it was a bit red on the train and the next thing they knew, evil). And Jodie's stall was ace, her stuff is all wonderful, her packaging is superb and she uses Australian currency to stabilise a couple of her soft toys. It's true! She's a great girl, is Jodie.
Stitches & Craft Show 1133
(Jodie's Mum, Jodie and another blogger whose name I've forgotten. Sorry about the blurry shot! and look! spot my tap poster on Jodie's stall wall.)
While I was there I met Tania (Myrtle and Eunice) and Cindy (Bug and Pop) and forced them to have their photo taken with me in front of Tania's extraordinary crafty sandwich board (all hand-sewn and the best blanket-stitching I've ever seen!), and I am, as threatened, posting said photo because I am a woman of my (evil) word.
Stitches & Craft Show 1134
(That's Tania on my left and Cindy on my right)
I also got to hang out with Stacey (Sheeps Clothing) and watched in awe as she got people to crochet or knit small objets at the Craft Bar. She's very good, you know. I watched her crochet demo, and thought I could do that crocheting thing. I didn't though, no seats left at the baaa (that's a woolly joke for you there, you're welcome). Stacey and I ventured downstairs to check out Shannon (Aunty Cookie) getting all the high stuff down for short people at the Kelani Fabric stall. I meant to take a picture of the red and white cookie skirt she had on her stall because it was so lovely but we were too busy chatting. I also met Curlypops, bought some Pippijoe craft panels but was too shy to introduce myself, agonised about whether to get the purple key fabric from the Ink & Spindle stall but decided I'd already spent enough at that stage and somehow, on my way out, ended up sitting down for a sewing machine demonstration with Pat from Camberwell Sewing Machines because she made me.
* * * * * * * * * *
Just days after I was wondering to myself whether it wasn't time to throw out all our playdough, the boys rediscovered it of their own accord and have been having a wonderful time playing with it. So I guess it stays.

DSC_2948
(playdough being squished out as hair)
* * * * * * * * * *
Basil is settling in fantastically. He's lovely. And a bit posh. Prefers his water from a glass. Thus:
DSC_2891

* * * * * * * * * *

100_1139

Climber has a laugh trigger game with his best friend at school. He says a series of words and the friend tries not to laugh. His friend can never not laugh. The laugh trigger words are:
Raspberry plastic ticklebear
If that doesn't break him up, Climber then says:
Elbow
and:
Popcorn.

He tried it on me, and I didn't laugh the first time, but somehow the combination of repetition, 2 giggling boys and those quite silly words has turned it into a laugh trigger for me too. I can just make it through him saying raspberry plastic ticklebear, but elbow gets me every time.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, EVIL. Woman.

    Moving swiftly along...lovely to meet you (and no need to PROVE you are a woman of your word - I already seriously believed) and your posh cat, is so posh it's not true. Being purple and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee nonsensical giggly boys always crack me up to! I was a bit lost for words at the show - so much excitement...so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oi! You taking my trademark?

    You used the word EVIL a lot in this post, anybody got the name of a good lawyer?

    A very name-dropperish post, this one.

    Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you beautiful bloggers! Everyone of you.

    Your boys are quite lovely too - right down to their elbows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to see you. What a social event Stitches and Craft is!

    I do love a laughing game like that. Conor and I have one where he flares his nostrils at me when I'm on the phone. Makes me laugh every time.

    Look at Basil. He's divine. Can he come for a sleep over??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of these blog meet-ups! So fun. Love that photo of you girls having fun.

    I had the playdoh barbershop set! Loads of fun.

    He'd have me rolling by raspberry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basil is most indeed posh...drinking from a glass indeed.

    Our badly-behaveds like to drink from the toilet. They definitely come from the wrong side of the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now see, I left a comment here too and it's gone.

    Sob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me, where's the poster?
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you click on the photo to view it at Flickr, I've marked it with a 'note'.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stompergirl/4597852969/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, well then our moggies are very posh too since they aspire, sometimes successfully, to glass drinking. Mind you, they also enjoy tap drinking, which I'm not sure is quite so top-drawer.

    Beautiful boys - all three.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really?? Do say hi next time! ...and let me know what you create from the craft pack. Sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look like a blast.

    Posh cat indeed.

    My kid had lost interest in the Play-Doh until I pretended to sneeze it out of my nose. Then it was suddenly wonderful again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see it! Very pleased to see that it still features Millie's legs
    j

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Stomper Girl! Thanks for your tip about bloggng, will try it, and I still think Basil is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tigger does not care for tap water in a glass, but give her SPARKLING WATER in a glass and you'll hold her attention for, oooo, 2 minutes at least!
    More kitten pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.