Saturday, September 22, 2007

Clickity Clack

My cd has been officially launched. Well, when I say my cd, I really mean theirs.

Ages ago I was in a recording studio, laying down some tap for a song. This afternoon, Fixit, Climber, Cherub and I fronted up to a pub for this:

Geez it's been a long time since Fixit and I went out to some live music. We used to do it a lot. Back in the days when I worked in rock n' roll. Before Children.

Today we took the boys because it was an afternoon gig, family friendly. The boys were beautifully behaved, although we had to go back to the car to get a couple of matchbox cars so Cherub could brrrrrm, as the music wasn't really grabbing his attention. Then Climber took one of the cars to the loo and left it there. We went back in to check but it had gone, which made Climber cry. Thankfully just before Mrs Wainwright started playing, we heard an announcement. Would the owner of the orange chevrolet make their way up to the stage please. (The owner of the orange chevrolet had to make 2 trips to the stage actually, he forgot to say thankyou the first time.)

Climber was really into the music, almost mesmerised by it. We were watching him during the performance, he was strumming the orange chevrolet as if it were a mini guitar.

We couldn't stay for the whole set, it was past dinnertime for the boys but we did hear *my* song; I Will Breathe Again. Prefaced by an absolutely glowing speech from Trish telling people about how magical my tapping was. I may have to go through doors sideways until my swollen head subsides. She told me she mentions the tap in all her interviews too, which means I'll be desperately scouring street press to see if I'm famous. This is what she wrote on the liner notes of the actual cd :
and Caroline .... (aka Miss Caroline) astounded us all, tapping the solo on I Will Breathe Again, amazing!
and this is the thankyou note she sent.

Have I mentioned that Trish (singer & songwriter for the band) is a really nice person? Anyway. It was a great gig. Go see Mrs Wainwright if they come to your town. Buy their cd. Support live music.

15 comments:

  1. How great is that! And I love the guitar-car too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a really nice person.

    And I almost made it to this gig, but alas, it was not to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love it that I know someone famous now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW !

    Nothing else to say.

    wow !

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - I know it's just because of my current lifestyle ( less live bands and more ABC Kids ) .. but Clickity Clack reminds me of the Justine Clarke song, which I now can't get out of my head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'll try and go to one their shows one day... it all sounds so superthrilling and I can't wait till I can take Grace to grown up live music that she might enjoy, although I'm looking forward to kiddy music concerts too.

    cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! You're Famous!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really fantastic. Years ago I used to love going to the Annandale and the Hopetoun with J to listen to live bands but that no longer happens. So it is lovely to live vicariously through this post and I am going to track down the CD. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mentioned the annandale and hopetoun in a pathetic attempt to sound groovy. I realise now. I failed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Rock (literally, obviously)! Love the car story! I see future Rock Star in his future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! This is a happy accomplishment.

    I took a peek at the blog entry where you were in the studio. You know, you don't look like you've aged much from some of your childhood pictures, except that now (of course) the part in your hair is straight.

    Tap dancing must be like the Fountain of Youth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did it make you want to Sally Field?
    "You like me....you really like me.."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever you!

    Now I can brag to all my friends that I know someone famous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I HEARD IT TODAY! Complete with your tapping, which was remarked upon by the announcer - on Radio National's Bush Telegraph!! See:
    http://www.abc.net.au/rural/telegraph/content/2006/s2042741.htm

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.