Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hearts & flowers

Mother's Day tomorrow. Which is something that always seemed like a marketing ploy to sell a whole lot of slippers and domestic equipment, not to mention flowers. But I know tomorrow when Climber proudly presents me with the little gifts he's been organising over the last week and both boys climb into bed to give me a kiss and a cuddle (mind out for my cup of tea darlings!) I won't be thinking cynical thoughts. I'll be bursting with love for these two tremendous children of mine who make my heart swell each day with the immense love I have for them and who make me a happy happy woman every day, not just on Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, with extra special love to my mother Margaret and Fixit's mother Elaine.

13 comments:

  1. And you too Stomper! We can raise a cup to each other. A cup of tea at that time of morning of course; and yes, not too many bouncies on the bed until its drunk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww - sweet kidlets - I especially love the 'in bed' pic ;)

    Aren't you a lucky mummy ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Hallmark bastards can't ruin the joy of a sticky little hand clutching a handmade card covered in glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute do the kiddies look??? adorable. Happy Mums day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...aren't they precious? Those curls on the girl child are to die for.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy Mother's Day to you too - also from a very cynical mum who has worked as aflorist for years and years!! How nice to have breakfast made for me by my 3 dralings for the first time ever ever - with No adult help!!! The best cold crumpets and weak coffee i have ever ever had!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK--someone needs to see the cherub wearing his "long haired boy" shirt! That said---Happy Mother's Day to you too SG. Your love for those two cuties comes across in every post you write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your boys are just beautiful. (you knew that already, didn't you?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I love home made presents best of all. Aren't your boys gorgeous?

    Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous boys!
    And I especially love the first picture when Climber was just a baby and hanging out with your 'big boy'!

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.