Thursday, August 10, 2006

Enough is enough

So I've been feeling tired and grumpy for the last couple of days because the poor old Climber has had this nasty stomach ache. There's no other symptom to explain it, the doctor couldn't find bad swellings in the abdomen or hear any nasty noises but the poor little thing has been off school and in pain, enough to wake him up in the night and make him cry. He's nearly better, poor love. But its been a rough couple of days and especially nights. And just before I leave to teach tap tonight the Cherub distinguishes himself by being a bad eater for the also-tired-and-grumpy-Mr Fixit and the disagreement between the two of them leads to choking sobs on the Cherub's side which culminate in him vomiting all his fish-fingers back up all over the floor. Nice.

But earlier that day I had mentioned this tiredness and grumpiness to my friend Miss Lou Lou via email. And somehow because we are on the same wavelength at the moment she did the best thing anyone could have done for me. An email with an attachment arrived from her just as I was escaping from the fish-fingers and grumpiness : it's an mp3-song which I just have time to load onto my iPod before I leave. Oh my goodness. It's "Enough is Enough" with Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand. I can't tell you how perfect it was. I wish I knew how to do a link here so you could listen to it and feel the power (girlfriend, mm-hmm). I was singing all the way to class. I was cleansed and happy when I arrived and we had a couple of great classes and I am still feeling great. You gotta love the digital age where such things are possible. Miss Lou Lou, you are a genius. I love that woman. If anyone reading this decides they want to learn tap-dance, please don't go the greedy pretender who owns the school called Miss Lou Lou's. Seek out the real woman because she is truly fabulous. (Or try me! We're okay with that, we endorse each other) Thankyou Miss Lou Lou and thank you Donna & Babs. You rock.

I leave you with the Fish Finger Regurgitator, clutching the Toy Story version of the board game "Trouble" and pretending to be Evil Emperor Zurg. This is him intoning in his deepest voice "Astwoy Buzz Yightyear". (That's destroy Buzz Lightyear for those of you not au fait with Toy Story.)

Enough is enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't let the cat get your tongue.