Monday, July 17, 2006

Swimming Sunday

Took Mr. Fixit, the Climber and The Cherub to the pool today for the Climber's weekly swimming lesson. Sunday is my hair-washing day so I just sit poolside with my iPod and watch the action. The Cherub, who is 2 and 3/4, is turning into the bossiest boy on the planet. He charges round the toddler pool with Mr Fixit in attendance having a lovely time. The Climber (5 and 1/2) is on the verge of real swimming but for some reason is better on his back than his front. I didn't master backstroke till I was in my 20's, and remember feeling like a total spaz at school swim carnivals with anything besides freestyle. It's great that they are teaching the Climber multiple strokes from the get-go but I'm still puzzled by the fact that backstroke is easier for him than freestyle.

Here's a pic from our tap class yesterday. Quieter than normal class, hoping its only the wet weather keeping everyone away this week, but its good to have fewer in terms of paying better attention to the little tappers.

And here is a pic of the Climber and the Cherub both crashed out in the back of the car, just so Mr Fixit and I can look back on it in years to come and remember when they were young enough to sleep in the car. I love it when they do that, especially watching those moments when they're going under, the blue-eyed stare, the drooping lids ... and then the peace and quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't let the cat get your tongue.