Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16: Wrap a Christmas Present for your Teacher

Here are the boys hard at work.
DSC_5522

I thought I'd show you the handmade goodness inside.

DSC_5521

I knitted these washcloths using the patterns from knitdishclothcorner: on the left is Lily and on the right is Pearls. The little bags have our handmade lemongrass soap, which Jenny and Astrid and I made a few weeks ago.  (Actually it was mostly Jenny but Astrid and I were definitely there for moral support).  There seems to be some sort of internet virus going round where people are suddenly overcome with a compulsion to make their own soap.  We caught it from Pea Soup. I think if you catch this virus you never actually recover either, you just go on making soap for ever because you enjoy it.

Soap Opera Mosaic

5 comments:

  1. It's looking pretty contagious, from where I'm sitting. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know how!!

    I have the most spectacular Lemon Myrtle tree in my backyard, what a great way to use the wonderful smelling leaves! Can I? Ask Jenny if it would work....pleeeaase? And then tell her to come to Sydney. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the short one staring over the soap. That's going to be her author picture on a book some day - or maybe just a facespace profile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I've been meaning to ask you for weeks how the soapmaking went, but I keep forgetting.

    I'm at work (ssshhhh) and I've just wrapped up and delivered 11 bars of soap to my workmates. Need to make more now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soap-making thing looks lovely. Is it very hard?

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.