Sunday, December 19, 2010

There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.

DSC_5725

DSC_5723
Today's activity was to make a Christmas wreath for our front door. We decided to try rosemary for the greenery, then I cut up some red felt for some colourful leaves. I primed Fixit at the start of the month that he'd be required to twist some wire into a round for this particular task, as I didn't want to be accused of not telling him important stuff till the last minute...

Anyway, whether it was the heads-up or the fact that we were working with thickish wire that his strong hands were more suited to manipulating, it ended up being a real whole-family activity today which I think makes the wreath a bit extra-special.

DSC_5729

Also special today was celebrating our 9th Christmas together with the Mothers Group, and catching up with my maternal relatives straight afterward.

DSC_5717

4 comments:

  1. That is a very impressive wreath. Maybe Fixit is a repressed florist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stomper, you're so lovely. I did enjoy the tap show. That girl in the red dress in the big ones' line up reminded me of Daughter 1 at that age. She was the one whose mind was clearly elsewhere in the dancing shows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can smell the wreath from here! Makes me want a leg of lamb....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first picture best, with the whole family in action. It's priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.